If you follow Fat Guy on Instagram, then you know you’ve ran by this soup here and there. Admittedly, it is something that is just “thrown together”, but that makes it all the better! The ground turkey and cabbage soup is very easy, versatile, and filling.
As I explain in the video, I do season to taste, and overestimated the salt content for the recipe so PLEASE, add sparingly until it is to your liking!
- 1 Lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 Head medium- sized Cabbage
- 2 Cups Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Small bag Petite Carrots
- 2 Tbls. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp. Gravy Master
- 2 Tbls. Lawry's Salt
- 3 Tbls. Adobo Seasoning
- 1 Tbls. Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Add oil to your skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add ground turkey and allow the meat to brown.
- Stir the meat and add 2-4 cups of water and let the meat cook completely for approximately 10 minutes.
- When the meat is cooked, use a utensil, immersion blender, or food processor to get the meat into smaller crumbles.
- Add beef broth and/or water to fill the pot ¾ full.
- Add all your preferred seasonings to taste.
- Allow the vegetables to get tender - approximately 20-30 minutes
Here is the nutritional data based on the recipe ingredients. You will notice the sodium is really high, that is because, as I stated above, I overestimated for the seasonings because I don’t measure.
I promise to be more accurate in the future! For now, please add salt, or seasonings that include salt, at your own discretion.
© 2014, Mrs. Fat Guy. All rights reserved.