Hey all!!! I have found something that is too good not to share .
Fat Guy and I are kicking our healthy lifestyles back into gear and I found the perfect thing for my arsenal. It is actually a salad I found when scouring for something to take to a bbq this summer!
The thing was, I really enjoyed it!
I made a couple tweaks to add some color.
I used red cabbage (since red onion was out because of Fat Guy’s aversion to them). I also added shredded carrots to my version.
I did put the cilantro in with everything else instead of in the dressing because I used a LOT! Finally, I used lemons instead of lime because Fat Guy didn’t enjoy the sharper flavor of the lime.
Take your pick to see which you prefer — both were good to me!
Here’s my take on it:
- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh, canned, or frozen (I used canned. Fresh is best)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes, cabbage, and carrots in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix. Chill salad for an hour or two to let flavors blend.
It is quick, easy, and delicious!
Let me know how you like it!
© 2015, Mrs. Fat Guy. All rights reserved.